Fruit Ninja Frenzy is a beta Facebook version of Fruit Ninja. Taking on the same gameplay as Arcade Mode, the player can use Smoothies for the first time, enhancing gameplay.
Like most Facebook games, there is a main currency (Juice) and an elite semi-paid currency (Starfruit), which is also earned through achievements and Sensei's Wheel. Fruit Ninja Frenzy was announced by Halfbrick in March 2011 as '60 second gameplay with many powerups (Smoothies), unlockables (Blades and Walls) and achievements'.
Sunset announcement on Facebook:
- Fruit Ninja Frenzy Closing on Saturday for November 30th, 2013
In Fruit Ninja Frenzy, the user must slice as much Fruit as possible, whilst avoiding the Purple Bombs (like the original). The same Bonus Bananas appear in this, thus helping the player. Three different point bonuses are given depending on what you do, and they give you a final score and Juice, which is used to buy enhancing Smoothies. Starfruit is used to unlock walls, blades and smoothies, but is very rare, unless you pay for more.
The player uses the mouse to slice the fruit - click and drag quickly to start.
There are currently five different Smoothies, all which cost varying amounts of Juice. Smoothies can be upgraded twice with Starfruit to enhance their effects; the amount of Juice that the Smoothie costs does not change. There used to be thirteen different Smoothies, some of which had to be unlocked with Starfruit to use, but eight Smoothies were permanently removed leaving only the current five. You can use a maximum of three Smoothies in one game.
Currently Available Smoothies
- Level 1: Your blade phases through bombs without exploding them.
- Level 2: Bombs count as fruit and can be used in combos. (Upgrade costs 30 Starfruit)
- Level 3: Bombs are worth 10 points, count as fruit and can be used in combos. (Upgrade costs 45 Starfruit)
Costs 60 Juice per use.
- Level 1: A great wave of fruit is flung up at the start of a game.
- Level 2: A great wave of fruit and a random bonus banana are flung up at the start of a game. (Upgrade costs 30 Starfruit)
- Level 3: Two great waves of fruit and a bonus banana of your choice (The type of the bonus banana switches around until you slice it) are flung up at the start of a game. (Upgrade costs 45 Starfruit)
Costs 60 Juice per use.
- Level 1: The first bomb in the game yields a random bonus banana upon slicing it (The bomb doesn't explode).
- Level 2: The first two bombs in the game yield each a random bonus banana upon slicing. (Upgrade costs 50 Starfruit)
- Level 3: The first three bombs in the game yield each a random bonus banana upon slicing. (Upgrade costs 75 Starfruit).
Costs 100 Juice per use.
- Level 1: The bonus points at the end of every game are doubled.
- Level 2: The bonus points at the end of every game are tripled. (Upgrade costs 70 Starfruit)
- Level 3: The bonus points at the end of every game are multiplied by four.
Costs 140 Juice per use.
- Level 1: Every bonus banana you slice increases your blitz level by one.
- Level 2: Every bonus banana you slice increases your blitz level by two. (Upgrade costs 100 Starfruit)
- Level 3: Every bonus banana you slice increases your blitz level by three.
Costs 200 Juice per use.
Discontinued Smoothies - removed from game
- Extra Time - You get seven more seconds per game. (40 Juice, unlocked)
- Final Splash - You get five more seconds and a bonus banana when time runs out. (Unknown, locked - 120 Starfruit)
- Blitz Boost - Each blitz is worth five more points. (Unknown, locked - 100 Starfruit)
- Combo King - Combos are worth more and easier to get. (50 Juice, locked - 100 Starfruit)
- Mega Freeze - Double fruit during a Freeze banana. (Unknown, locked - 140 Starfruit)
- Frenzy Rush - Frenzy bananas last two seconds longer. (Unknown, locked - 140 Starfruit)
- Points Bonanza - 25 more points on every Points banana. (Unknown, locked - 120 Starfruit)
- Ninja Criticals - Criticals are worth more and easier to get. (40 Juice, locked - 80 Starfruit)
Juice and Starfruit
Juice is unlocked through playing games, Sensei's Wheel and buying with Facebook credits. It is the red currency in Fruit Ninja Frenzy and you can use it to buy Smoothies. The amount of Juice gathered after a game is equal to one-tenth of your score, rounded down, for example : Score-355 Juice-35
Starfruit is unlocked via achievements, Sensei's Wheel and buying with Facebook credits. It is the lime currency and you can use it to unlock Smoothies, blades, walls and Smoothie slots.
Blades and Walls
Most of the blades and walls in Fruit Ninja Frenzy are the same as the original, but they are unlocked in different ways. Some are unlocked with Starfruit, the rest with achievements.
Bought blades and backgrounds
- Original Blade - Unlocked
- Mr. Sparkle - 20 Starfruit
- Old Glory Blade - 20 Starfruit
- Pixel Love Blade - 40 Starfruit
- Piano Blade - 40 Starfruit
- Party Time - 40 Starfruit
- Original Wood Background - Unlocked
- Great Wave - 20 Starfruit
- Yin Yang - 20 Starmango
- Der Böller - Sensei's Wheel
Achievement unlocked Blades
- Ice Blade - Freeze master set
- Flame Blade - Frenzy master set
- Disco Blade - Points master set
- Shiny Red Blade - Big Fruit hunter set
- Butterfly Knife - Fruit smoothie set
- The Shadow - Ninja Shadow set
- Bamboo Shoot - Ninja star set
- Fruit Ninja Background - Sensei's little secrets set
- I Heart Sensei - Sensei's big secrets set
The achievements in Fruit Ninja Frenzy are usually in Bronze, Silver, Gold orders - Bronze is if you do something, Silver is if you do the same thing better, Gold is if you do the same thing better still. Each row of four achievements has three rewards - 20 Starfruit (Bronze), 40 Starfruit (Silver) and a blade or wall (Gold).
- Freeze Master (Freeze Adept, Freeze Ninja, Freeze Veteran and Freeze Warrior) - Ice Blade
- Frenzy Master (Frenzy Adept, Frenzy Ninja, Frenzy Veteran and Frenzy Warrior) - Flame Blade
- Points Master (Points Adept, Points Ninja, Points Veteran and Points Warrior) - Disco Blade
- Big Fruit Hunter (Pineapple Plucker, Watermelon Whacker, Coconut Cutter and Strawberry Snobbery) - Shiny Red Blade
- Fruit Smoothie (Fruit Juggler, Fruit Splatter, Fruit Machine and Fruit Salad) - Butterfly Knife Blade
- Ninja Star (Champion Ninja, Awesome Ninja, Amazing Ninja and Fantastic Ninja) - Bamboo Shoot Blade
- Ninja Shadow (Careful Ninja, Alert Ninja, Daring Ninja and Focused Ninja) - The Shadow Blade
The following two are Gold only, as their description is a mystery until you do it.
- Sensei's Little Secrets (Single Cut, So Close, Happy Ending and Wake Up!) - Fruit Ninja Wall
- Sensei's Big Secrets (Low Blow, Triple Stack, Weapons Cache and Scenic Route) - I Heart Sensei Wall
This one is a Halloween special - the rewards are unavailable right now.
- Trick or Treat (Fruit Fright, Count Blitzula, Smashing Pumpkins and Eye of Bat) - Bat Blade
Sensei's Wheel is an addition to Fruit Ninja Frenzy, where players spin the wheel to get a certain reward. Extra spins, surprisingly, cannot be received with Starfruit, it must be Facebook credits. Everyone gets a new spin each day.
The many rewards are:
- Juice. Already explained.
- Starfruit. Already explained.
- Extra spins. The player gets to spin again, increasing the spin gauge by 5 unless you spin on juice+spin.
- Bonus meter additions. The meter on the side gives a bonus. Any reward received gets multiplied by the bonus to get a bigger bonus. This only counts for Juice and Starfruit - not extra spins!
- Single Cut: Play a whole game without lifting your right pointy finger
- So Close: That one fruit didn't even get you a tie on the high score.
- Happy Ending: Get a critical on the last fruit of the game.
- Wake Up!: Play a whole game without slicing.
- Low Blow: Get a score below 20 points.
- Triple Stack: Have all three Bonus Banana powers active at once.
- Scenic Route: Unlock 3 backgrounds.
- Weapons Cache: Unlock 8 blades.
All items (8)